This course provides a fun new approach to learning. It blends literacy skills with the craft of Djing to nurture problem solving and creative skills.
The primary purpose of this course is to fuse together the instrument with the textbook. This provides academic enrichment in the subject areas of English Language Arts and Math.
The goal of this course is to provide educational assistance while exposing scholars to the world of music, creativity and learning.
- To show the similarities between the Universal language of Music and Language arts.
- Scholars will strengthen problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- To give scholars an introduction to the art form of Disc Jockey by learning the basics of mixing and scratching.
- Develop a sense of craftsmanship, quality task performance, teamwork amongst peers and goal setting.
- A 15 week curriculum designed to give quality educational, recreational and social activities for participants.
- Through inquiry based activities to promote academic growth.
- Musical activities shall include presentations and group discussions
. - Promoting ideals for nonviolence, civility and respect for others.
- Students taking courses in music performance and music appreciation scored higher in the SAT than students with no arts participation.
- Music performance students scored 53 points higher on the verbal and 39 points higher on the math.
- Music appreciation students scored 61 points higher on the verbal and 42 points higher on the math.
~ College-Bound Seniors National Report: Profile of SAT Program Test Takers, The College Entrance Examination Board, Princeton, New Jersey
Copyright © 2018 Craft Keepers Inc - All Rights Reserved.