Students will get an introduction to the world of broadcast journalism. This course will help scholars to develop their voice in today’s world.
To help scholars build communication skills, time management, planning and critical thinking.
Students will gain the tools needed to become an on air radio personality. These skills will inspire confidence, independency and teamwork to create their own radio show.
- To learn the history of radio.
- To foster and deepen scholars appreciation for broadcast journalism.
- To show how a strong literary background plays an important part in radio.
- To help scholars read with accuracy and fluency.
- How to follow rules of the radio station to set goals and deadlines.
- A 12 week curriculum designed to give quality educational, recreational and social course for scholars.
- Adapting speech techniques to a variety of different contexts and tasks.
- Using the literacy skills to help scholars speak clearly.
- Through inquiry based activities to promote academic growth.
- Musical activities shall include presentations and group discussions .
- Music training helps under-achievers. Students lagging behind in scholastic performance caught up to their fellow students in reading and surpassed their classmates in math by 22% when given music instruction over seven months.
~ Nature (music education statistics article)
- Students of lower socioeconomic status who took music lessons in grades 8-12 increased their math scores significantly as compared to non-music students. But just as important, reading, history, geography and even social skills soared by 40%.
~ Gardiner, Fox, Jeffrey and Knowles
Copyright © 2018 Craft Keepers Inc - All Rights Reserved.